Reuben’s has grown significantly over the past few years, presenting the need for this new role. This new role will report to our Co-founder and Brewmaster and has one primary goal: To let more beer lovers in the Pacific Northwest know about our brewery and tasty brews. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading day-to-day marketing operations and provide strong leadership and focus for our team as a whole. The successful applicant will work closely with the two Co-founders, Director of Sales, and the Assistant Taproom Manager in day-to-day operations.
Reuben’s Brews is a fast growing, family-owned brewery located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Since opening in 2012, our beer has won over 150 medals including Gold medals at the 2017, 2016 and 2015 Great American Beer Festivals. We have a 15 BBL brewery and taproom, as well as a 5 BBL small batch brewery, an expanding sour program and are currently building a 30BBL production brewery.
To achieve the goal of letting more beer lovers in the Pacific Northwest know about our brewery and tasty brews, the successful candidate will:
– Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long term, to support brewery objectives
– Oversee and lead marketing efforts across all media channels – including content creation – over social media, our own website and email newsletters, and ratings websites, to connect with more people and enhance the visibility of our brewery
– Understand and embrace Reuben’s beers, which includes developing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of the differences, and similarities, between our brews, our methods and Reuben’s as a whole and those of other craft brewers and mass-market beer producers
– Originate and schedule promotional support for Reuben’s beer releases in distribution, and taproom events and initiatives
– Become a valued voice for Reuben’s Brews over a number of channels – including festivals, online, and with media
– Oversee promotion activities including print, digital, social media, multi-media, e-newsletters, and other messaging platforms, as well as executing in house graphic design as required
– Analyze and review competitive data, including pricing, to make strategic recommendations
– Oversee and maintain the company’s merchandise program, both online, in our taprooms, and in distribution channels for events and incentives
– Responsible for the creation, design, printing, and dissemination of all POS materials, getting the best value for dollars spent
– Drive and participate in events, festivals, and other marketing activities, both on- and off-site
– Work with our partners to develop our media relationship by writing media releases, developing media connections, sending samples etc.
– As a key member of the management team, to provide strong leadership skills for the brewery as a whole
– Lead the drive towards “Bloody Good Beer!” – good isn’t good enough, our beer needs to improve every day – continual improvement needs to be engrained in our culture
At a very minimum to be considered, you must have:
– A college degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or business
– 3+ years experience a multi-faceted role covering marketing, communications, graphic design, and business
– Previous management experience – including managing third party agencies, freelance relationships, and other team members
– Expert content creation skills – a strong resume showing regularly utilizing Adobe Illustrator, and photo / video editing skills
– A detailed knowledge of the beer industry, including a strong knowledge of Reuben’s
In addition to these minimum requirements, we expect the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
– An in-depth passion for the science and art of beer
– Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must
– A “till the job is done” work ethic – flexibility to work non-standard hours when the need arises
– Impeccable judgment, professional maturity, and integrity. An ability to be focused on details, as well as the bigger picture
– Motivated, self-starter attitude with a resourceful nature
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective time management
– Strong leadership skills and ability to earn the trust and support of a capable team
– Experience with brewery related systems – e.g. OBeer, VIP, KARMA, IRI – is a distinct advantage
– Content creation and management experience with all major social media platforms and email platforms
– Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We therefore offer competitive salary and benefits, career development opportunities and the chance to help craft a wonderful future.
To apply, send your resume, along with:
1) An explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews, and
2) A suggestion of how we could improve our general positioning in the market;
to email@example.com. Applicants not completing these two requirements will not be considered. We anticipate interviewing candidates in August 2018.