TAPROOM SHIFT LEAD
Reuben’s Brews is looking for a craft beer advocate to pour delight for our customers. The applicant who joins our team will have an enthusiasm for and knowledge of craft beer, be highly creative, a leader, a team player, a genuine people person and have a conscientious work ethic. When working in the taproom, you will own the customer experience – from opening, serving, to closing. We expect the highest quality and consistency in everything you do. As one of Reuben’s team, you will be the face of Reuben’s Brews. In the tasting room you will educate our customers on the distinctiveness, quality, and sustainability of Reuben’s Brews while serving beer, doing brewery tours, and making table touches.
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We are the most decorated brewery in Washington, have three brewhouses with two tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 we brewed 24,000 BBLs.
The Taproom Shift Lead reports to the Taproom Manager and Retail Operations Manager and is responsible for assisting with and executing the daily, weekly and monthly tasks. The person will be responsible for tasks delegated to them by the Taproom Manager and will act as the Manager on Duty when the Taproom Manager is not available. They will be responsible for managing the workflow behind the bar and completing necessary tasks. The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Be the Manager on Duty when Manager or Retail Operations Manager are not present
- Weekly recaps/emails/communication
- Help Taproom Manager with duties
- Perform Inventory Counts (package weekly & merch monthly)
- Maintain Cold Room Organization
- Update Taplist (board & online)
- Process Keg Requests
- Update Square inventory as needed
- Help with supply runs
- Complete maintenance projects
- Other tasks as needed
The successful candidate will have:
- A Glass Backwards mentality – taking unique, solution focused approaches to problems;
- A proven track record of Inspired Action – Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and a commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must;
- A focus on Pouring Delight for both internal and external customers;
- A drive for Success as One Team – a team focused approach to achieve results;
Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands. Roles and responsibilities may evolve over the years reflecting the growth and maturity of the brewery.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, career development opportunities and the exciting opportunity to help us craft a wonderful future.
All offers are also now contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination. We have determined that requiring vaccines for all staff is the best way for us to help protect your safety and the safety of our communities. Candidates seeking employment with Reuben’s will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Reuben’s Brews.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews and your answers to the three questions below, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!
- What is one thing you think we do well in our tasting rooms?
- What is one thing you think we could change or do better in our tasting rooms?
- Give an example of when you have gone above and beyond for a customer.