Marketing and Brand Director
Marketing and Brand Director
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We are the most decorated brewery in Washington, have three brewhouses with two tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2021 we brewed 25,000 BBLs.
Reuben’s has grown significantly over the past few years, presenting the need for this expanded role. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Leadership, Management, and Accountability for marketing and sales teams and their operations
- Brand management
- Product portfolio management
- Management of wholesale sales
- Marketing / sales programs and initiatives
- Sales and marketing department budgets
- Building strong partnerships with distributors and retail customers
The successful applicant will be a part of the brewery’s senior management team and will work on the strategic direction of the business.
The Marketing and Brand Director will be responsible for overseeing the Reuben’s brand as a whole and driving sales. You will work very closely with all of our distributor partners while also working closely with our Retail team to manage the marketing of our own premise locations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continue to expand and evolve the Reuben’s brand, helping more people learn about Reuben’s Brews
- Curate the Reuben’s Brews product portfolio—both in wholesale and in own premise—to align with our strengths and the desires of our customers
- Establish marketing and sales goals and objectives
- Develop and drive marketing programs, including wholesale and own premise locations, including ensuring everyone has the necessary tools to execute in the marketplace (sales sheets, programming info, POS, etc.)
- Garner and maintain strong relationships with distributor, retail accounts, and retail chain customers
- Manage the sales and marketing team and operating budgets
- Identify event opportunities that will translate into successful activations through product sampling, event partnerships, on-premise and off-premise activations
- Drive social media strategy to expand online following
- Identify and engage in all opportunities to communicate the Reuben’s story—e.g. present to distributor sales teams, retail chain customers, and perform ride-alongs
- Make regular market visits to understand the market, solve challenges, and develop partnerships
- Proven experience managing brands
- Proven experience managing product portfolios
- Strong communication, presentation, and sales skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategically, execute tactically and provide leadership to others
- 2+ years sales and/or marketing leadership experience in FMCG required,
experience in the beer industry strongly preferred
- Existing relationships with key chain and independent accounts in the PNW an advantage
- Experience working in an industry with producer, wholesale, and retail tiers
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Suite and the ability to learn company software applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently
- A college degree required, marketing qualifications a distinct advantage
- Be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary
In addition to these minimum requirements, we expect the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A Glass Backwards mentality—taking unique, solution-focused approaches to problems
- A proven track record of Inspired Action—Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude—a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must
- A focus on Pouring Delight for both internal and external customers, partners, and the Reuben’s team
- A drive for Success as One Team—a team-focused approach to achieve
Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands. Roles and responsibilities may evolve over the years reflecting the growth and maturity of the brewery.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, career development opportunities, and the exciting opportunity to help us craft a wonderful future.
All offers are also now contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination. We have determined that requiring vaccines for all staff is the best way for us to help protect your safety and the safety of our communities. Candidates seeking employment with Reuben’s will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Reuben’s Brews.
To apply, send your resume, an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews, and samples of past marketing initiatives to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!