DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Are you a people-focused leader who takes a big-picture approach to getting things done, bringing teams together, and achieving expectations? Do you foster an environment of respect by listening to others and leading by example? Do you own your decisions, have an eye for small details, and come up with unique solutions to challenges? If you value collaboration and mentorship, inspire others, and focus on the needs of the people within your organization, then we want to talk to you!
Our ideal Director of Operations / Integrator is:
- Strategic – You are a process-oriented leader who understands systems and automation and is passionate about constant improvement. Despite the strength of your analytical mind, you feel much more comfortable creatively solving problems rather than arguing the issues.
- Committed – You have incredible follow-through and never pass the buck. You are intrinsically driven by the success of the organization and the people in it, want to participate and give back, and know that the extra effort that shows you care is what differentiates us.
- Diplomatic – You know how to bring departments together and create cohesion. You want to have consensus, and know how to build it, but don’t have to have it to make tough decisions.
- Humble – You see yourself as a coach and a player and are never a self-promoter. You are ethically driven with a strong moral code and want to win the right way.
- Trustworthy – Your reports and leaders can talk to you about everything, and you build respectful relationships that make people want to follow your guidance. You feel just as savvy jumping into fixing things in the moment as you do helping create a plan for the future.
Our culture values extremely competent leaders who own financial results and understand the levers to achieve success. We’re looking for someone with business acumen who wants to help others by sharing their knowledge. We are founded on a belief in open communication, and always try to allow others to make their case and create space for multiple perspectives. Creativity in all things and a positive attitude are at the heart of what we do, and we are looking for someone to roll up their sleeves and join us on the journey.
The job responsibilities of this Director of Operations / Integrator include, but are not limited to:
Leadership, Management and Accountability for the organization as a whole:
- Oversee Culture & Education, Marketing, Wholesale Sales, Production Operations, Retail Operations, and Finance departments
- Coordinate and facilitate communication and interactions across and between departments
- Manage the yearly business plan – Accountable for the P&L (financial results including capital spends and working capital)
- Translate and define the Co-founder’s ideas – Create the strategy for implementation
Ownership of operations:
- Accountable for day-to-day operations
- Complete special projects when needed
- Remove barriers and obstacles for department leads
Support the team in every way possible:
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the team
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve efficiencies across the organization
- Evaluate existing structures and develop appropriate organizational structures to scale for growth
- Regularly participate in Same Page meetings with the Co-founders – ensure a strong relationship and alignment
- Facilitate weekly senior leadership meetings, one on ones, and quarterly planning meetings
- Act as a brand ambassador at all times
- Network and build strategic relationships within the industry and build brand recognition and affinity
- 5+ years leadership experience
- 3+ years operations management experience
- 4-year degree or relevant work experience
- 10+ years leadership experience
- Experience leading multiple departments simultaneously
- Experience having overall financial responsibility
- Experience working for a company with less than 200 employees
- Experience leading a company through a high growth phase
- CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) industry experience
- Craft beer industry experience in a brewery producing over 20k barrels
- MBA or similar
- An understanding of EOS
THE COMPANY – Reuben’s Brews
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We are fortunate to have been recognized with a number of awards and medals in our eight years, which is a testament to the hard work of our team and to our Glass Backwards approach to brewing a breadth of beers. We have three brewhouses and multiple tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 we brewed 24,000 BBLs, growing in a difficult year. We are committed to growing our community as well as the brewery and started the Reuben’s Brews Foundation, as well as other charitable causes, to support diversity and inclusion.
WHY Reuben’s Brews?
Reuben’s Brews stands out because of our culture and core values:
- Pouring Delight
- Put the customer first above all else
- Look for ways to create delight for those around you (customers, coworkers, partners)
- Show courtesy and grace to everyone in every interaction
- Glass Backwards
- Innovation is at the heart of our brewery
- Intentionally focus on the end result and what will make for a stronger tomorrow
- Think creatively, share ideas, try new things, and take smart risks in the pursuit of Beer Unbound
- Success as One Team
- Own it together — we can only succeed when we work together as one team
- Look out for each other
- Communicate directly, openly, and honestly
- Inspired Action
- Move fast, with intention
- Proactively look for ways you can contribute
- Seek individual growth and improvement in service of making the team stronger
- Practice fervent follow through on all commitments
With Reuben’s Brews you will find:
- The opportunity to join an industry-leading craft brewery and help shape the future of craft beer in the Pacific Northwest
- The opportunity to create Beer Unbound: cerebral, intentional, and thoughtful in approach
- The opportunity to be an essential part of a family run brewery demonstrating focus on inclusion and diversity through action – leading the way for change
- Fantastic benefits like employer paid health insurance
- Support for your own professional and personal development
- Generous beer allowance (of course!)
Come and join a passionate, committed, and established team who are continuously working to make beer better!
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation, sick and safe time, and holidays
- Training and education allowance