Join the Reuben’s Brews family and help us in our mission of enjoyably expanding the Pacific Northwest’s love of beer. Our team is the heart of the company, and we are looking for people to join us who are leaders, team players, creative, genuine people people that are conscientious and have a strong work ethic, and an insatiable enthusiasm for craft beer. Sound like you? Apply for our open positions:
Reuben’s has grown significantly over the few years, presenting the need for this new role. This new role will report to our Director of Operations and has one primary goal: To ensure the smooth management of financial operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading day-to-day financial processes of the brewery and provide strong leadership and focus for our team as a whole. The successful applicant will work closely with the two Co-founders and other brewery leadership in day-to-day operations.
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We have three brewhouses with two tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2018 we brewed 14,200 BBLs and are on track to produce more than 20,000 BBLs in 2019.
To achieve the goal of smooth and efficient financial operations, the successful candidate will:
- Steward for internal ERP system data (OBeer)
- Ensuring strong data quality in the system, both financial and operational
- Implementing internal control framework (checklists, inventory count processes etc)
- Discuss interaction with accounting firm to ensure optimal handover of processes
- Build a business case and implement system integrations with our ERP system, such as Bill.com and/or Square
- Managing AR and AP
- Monitoring AR to ensure no debts go bad
- Working with operations to improve control framework around AP, ensuring customers are paid on time every time and our working capital is optimized
- Performing initial approvals on payment runs for manager approval
- Manage month end / year end close processes
- Work with internal teams to ensure inventory postings are complete, cut-off procedures are clean
- Build checklists for everyone, ensure they happen
- Be the key contact for external accountant, ensuring top quality financial reporting
- Reduce close time frame to an industry leading reporting process
- Monthly / annual forecast process
- Own the various driver based forecast models – current year, 3+ years out
- Monthly comparison of forecast to actual
- Monthly update to current year forecast
- Projects as requested
- As a member of the Reuben’s Brews team it is expected that you lead by example and provide strong leadership skills for the brewery as a whole
- Lead the drive towards Beer Unbound– good isn’t good enough, our beer needs to improve every day – continual improvement needs to be engrained in our culture
At a very minimum to be considered, you must have:
- A college degree in accounting or business
- 2+ years experience in a multi-faceted accounting or finance role, ideally within the beer or beverage industry or another fast-moving industry
- Either a qualified CMA / CPA, or actively on track to qualification
- Deep understanding and ability to create financial statements
- Understanding of ERP systems, ability to manage them
- Financial systems experience, beer / beverage industry systems a distinct advantage
- Understanding of brewing process from mill-in to package, including quality standards and practices is highly desired
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization with a collaborative working style
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently
- A detailed knowledge of the beer industry, including a strong knowledge of Reuben’s
In addition to these minimum requirements, we expect the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- An in-depth passion for the science and art of beer
- Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must
- A “till the job is done” work ethic – flexibility to work non-standard hours when the need arises, taking true ownership of areas
- Impeccable judgment, professional maturity, and integrity. An ability to be focused on details, as well as the bigger picture
- Motivated, self-starter attitude with a resourceful nature
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective time management
- Strong leadership skills and ability to earn the trust and support of a capable team
- Experience with brewery specific related systems – e.g. OBeer, VIP, KARMA, IRI – a distinct advantage
- Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We therefore offer competitive salary and benefits, career development opportunities and the chance to help us craft a wonderful future.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews to email@example.com. We anticipate interviewing candidates in November and December. Cheers!