Reuben’s has grown significantly over the last few years, presenting the need for this new role. This new role will report to our General Manager and has one primary goal: to ensure the smooth management of financial operations. The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Leading day-to-day financial processes of the brewery and provide strong leadership, financial stewardship and financial focus for our team as a whole;
- Lead budget and forecasting processes;
- Lead AR / AP / Banking;
- Manage procurement;
- Manage all HR / IT / Legal / Insurance / Facilities Management.
The successful applicant will work closely with the General Manager and other brewery leadership in day-to-day operations.
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We have three brewhouses with two tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 we brewed around 24,000 BBLs.
To achieve the goal of smooth and efficient financial operations, the successful candidate will:
- Steward internal ERP system data
- Ensuring strong data quality in the system, both financial and operational
- Implementing internal control framework (checklists, inventory count processes, etc.)
- Manage working capital
- Monitoring AR to ensure no debts go bad, managing inventory
- Strengthen the controls framework around AP, ensuring customers are paid on time every time, and ensure our working capital is optimized
- Manage month end / year end close processes
- Be the key contact for external accountant and auditor, ensuring top quality financial reporting
- Improve close processes and reduce the close time frame to an industry leading reporting process
- Own monthly / annual forecast process
- Own the various driver based forecast models – current year, 3+ years out, etc.
- Build monthly / quarterly reporting packages including forecast updates and reviews
- Projects as requested, including being the finance lead on internal projects
- Be the lead on all HR / IT / Legal / Facilities / Insurance / Procurement topics
- As a member of the management team lead by example and provide strong leadership skills for the brewery as a whole
- Lead the drive towards Beer Unbound – good isn’t good enough, we need to improve every day – continual improvement needs to be engrained in our culture
To be considered, you must have:
- A college degree in accounting or business
- 2+ years experience in a multi-faceted accounting or finance role, ideally within the beer or beverage industry or another fast-moving industry
- Deep understanding and ability to create financial statements
- Understanding of ERP systems, ability to manage them
- An interest in the beer industry, including a strong knowledge of Reuben’s Brews
In addition to these minimum requirements, we expect the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- A Glass Backwards mentality – taking unique, solution focused approaches to problems;
- A proven track record of Inspired Action – Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must;
- A focus on Pouring Delight for both internal and external customers;
- A drive for Success as One Team – a team focused approach to achieve results;
- Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We therefore offer competitive salary and benefits, career development opportunities and the chance to help us craft a wonderful future.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews and i) an example business case for a project relevant to breweries, and ii) a list of KPIs you believe breweries should monitor monthly, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We anticipate interviewing candidates in February 2020. Cheers!