Reuben’s has grown significantly over the last few years, presenting the need for this role opening. This role will report to our Head Brewer and will be responsible for production of our award-winning beer from grain to glass.
The successful applicant will be a member of the brew and cellar team and work closely with team members throughout all aspects of brewery production.
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We have three brewhouses and three tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 we brewed around 24,000 BBLs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
● Conducting all production tasks from grain to glass;
● Focusing on raw material handling, wort production, cellar movement, dry hopping, yeast harvesting, beer finishing, and SIP/CIP of hot and cold side equipment;
● Helping out throughout all aspects of production when needed;
● Maintaining a clean and safe working environment for themselves and others;
● Basic troubleshooting of equipment and process and basic maintenance;
● Training production staff as needed.
To be considered, you must have:
● Previously worked in a production role in a fast growing brewery;
● 1+ years related experience;
● Strong communication skills;
● Ability to work flexible hours, including rotational evenings/nights and weekends;
● A passion for the beer industry, including a strong knowledge of Reuben’s;
● Positive attitude and team-oriented approach;
● And related degree or professional qualification would be highly beneficial;
In addition to these minimum requirements, we expect the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
● A Glass Backwards mentality – taking unique, solution focused approaches to problems;
● A proven track record of Inspired Action – Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must;
● A focus on Pouring Delight for both internal and external customers;
● A drive for Success as One Team – a team focused approach to achieve results;
● Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We therefore offer competitive salary and benefits, career development opportunities, and the chance to help us craft a wonderful future.
All offers are also now contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination. We have determined that requiring vaccines for all staff is the best way for us to help protect your safety and the safety of our communities. Candidates seeking employment with Reuben’s will be required to: (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and its variants by their start date unless a medical or religious exemption has been approved and a reasonable accommodation has been granted; and (2) submit proof of vaccination prior to their start date. The preceding is a condition of employment with Reuben’s Brews.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews and why you would be a great fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!