Full Time Tasting Room Team Member
FULL TIME TASTING ROOM TEAM MEMBER
Reuben’s Brews is looking for a craft beer advocate to pour delight for our customers. The applicant who joins our team will have an insatiable enthusiasm for and knowledge of craft beer, be highly creative, a leader, a team player, a genuine people person and have a conscientious work ethic. They will be obsessively committed to the success of Reuben’s Brews. When working in the taproom and our other tasting rooms, you will own the customer experience – from opening, serving, to closing. We expect the highest quality and consistency in everything you do. As one of Reuben’s team, you will be the face of Reuben’s Brews at all times. In the tasting room you will educate our customers on the distinctiveness, quality, and sustainability of Reuben’s Brews while serving beer, doing brewery tours, and making table touches.
Reuben’s Brews is a family brewery that opened in 2012. We brew from the glass backwards: designing each beer with intention, unbound by constraints. We know making the extra effort is worth it. From your everyday favorite beers to our innovative new releases, we help you grow your love of beer.
We are the most decorated brewery in Washington, have three brewhouses with two tasting rooms, and we distribute our beer predominantly in the Pacific Northwest. In 2020 we brewed 24,000 BBLs.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Pour delight to every customer;
- Restock and maintain beer and merchandise inventory;
- Maintain a clean and safe environment;
- Prepare for and execute retail events;
- Communicate internal needs.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Glass Backwards mentality – taking unique, solution focused approaches to problems;
- A proven track record of Inspired Action – Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must;
- A focus on Pouring Delight for both internal and external customers;
- A drive for Success as One Team – a team focused approach to achieve results;
Physical demands include but are not limited to: Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Often lift or move full 1/2BBL kegs.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business demands. Roles and responsibilities may evolve over the years reflecting the growth and maturity of the brewery.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, career development opportunities and the exciting opportunity to help us craft a wonderful future.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews and your answers to the three questions below, to email@example.com. Cheers!
- What is one thing you think we do well in our tasting rooms?
- What is one thing you think we could change or do better in our tasting rooms?
- Give an example of when you have gone above and beyond for a customer.