Nestled in the heart of Ballard at 14th Avenue and 53rd Street, this location has all the brewing equipment installed and ready to go and is the perfect space for an entrepreneurial brewer looking to plant their flag in a nationally recognized brewery district and set up their own brewery and taproom.
After an award-winning homebrewing career, co-founder Adam Robbings wanted a place where Reuben’s Brews could grow into its own. “This space had everything we needed to brew beers of the highest quality and connect directly with our customers,” says Robbings.
In August 2012, Reuben’s Brews opened this location in Ballard as its original brewery and tasting room. Starting with five beers brewed and served in the space, Reuben’s quickly became a well-respected brewery in the state. During its peak usage from 2012 – 2017, the brewery won 160 awards, including 2014 Best Taproom in Washington by RateBeer and Brewery of the Year at the 2015 Washington Beer Awards.
With 1,440 square feet, the current brewing maximum capacity for the space is approximately 800 barrels per year, and the sale includes the space and equipment needed to begin brewing:
- 1,080 sq ft main floor – includes brewing area, tap area, cooler, and bathroom
- 360 sq ft mezzanine with opportunity for storage, seating, and office
- 5BBL 2-vessel brewhouse, maxes at 7BBL batches
- 3x 10BBL unitanks + 1x 10BBL Brite Tank
- 2x 7BBL unitanks
- Direct draw draft lines connect to walk-in cooler allows for functional taproom
- Roll-up garage door for easy access to serve drinks, brew, and drop off materials
“This brewery and taproom will always hold a special place in our hearts,” says Robbings. “As our brand has outgrown the space, we’re looking to pass forward the successes it can offer to another brewery at the beginning of their story.”
If you’re interested in becoming part of the Ballard brewing community and the largest group of breweries in the Northwest, please reach out to email@example.com. Serious inquiries only.