(Updated Wednesday, June 10h at 11:30am)
PLEASE NOTE: We have delayed the reopening of our Taproom to Saturday 6/13 as we take part in the Black Lives Matter Seattle – King County general strike on Friday 6/12. Please see our social media post for more details.
WE ARE REOPENING SATURDAY, JUNE 13th
Our original post is below:
King County announced today that certain businesses – including breweries – will be able to immediately reopen with limited capacity and with some crucial rules in place. This is a modified “phase 1.5” approach that has certain conditions that we all must follow.
We are incredibly excited to welcome you back to our Taproom to sit down and have a pint, but we will be taking a few days to make sure we have everything in order before we do so. We will first open our Taproom on Thursday, June 11th at 12pm. Our priority is to make sure we provide the most comfortable and safe environment for you and your friends and family. Your safety, and that of our team, is our #1 concern as we reopen our Taproom for onsite consumption.
Covid-19 is still ongoing and we recognize that we all must continue to do our part by being responsible citizens and following public health recommendations. We must all temper our very real excitement about being able to sit down together for a pint again at The Taproom with the very real concerns we all have the future of this pandemic.
We will reopen on next Thursday with the following critical arrangements in place. Please read and familiarize yourself with these conditions as they are meant to ensure everyone’s comfort and security while at Reuben’s Brews.
Our new hours for both our Taproom and the To-Go Store, beginning next Thursday, will be daily 12pm – 9pm. Please note: our To-Go Store hours remain 10am – 7pm until next Thursday. The Brewtap will remain closed for now.
Here’s an overview of the procedures and rules in place as we open:
- We will only be able to have 50% occupancy in our outdoor seating area, including 6’ social distancing. This will mean that our capacity is highly limited.
- We will be implementing table service, and will be offering a first-come first-served waitlist system for walk-up customers at The Taproom beginning on Thursday.
- All guests must be seated at a table, which have been arranged to ensure a 6’ social distancing space, and each party is limited to 5 people (including children). There will be no standing room areas available.
- All guests will be required to wear a mask at all times that they are not seated at their table, including while waiting for the restroom or while in queue to enter the brewery.
- Our team will be using proper PPE at all times, and will have an aggressive sanitation regimen throughout the tasting room, including of course frequent hand-washing
- We will be cleaning our restrooms every hour, but we will have additional sanitation supplies available at all times outside the restrooms for you to use
- We will be offering table service only, and we will happily provide you with water and our famous pretzels on request
- Every table will have an ample supply of hand sanitizer, and we encourage everyone to use it as needed
- We will encourage everyone to visit our website www.reubensbrews.com/tap-list-taproom to see our current draft and to-go selections
The past few months have been a wild ride and businesses like ours have had to pivot on a dime multiple times. The announcement today of “phase 1.5” is another such case, and we are choosing to be prudent and take an extra bit of time to get everything ready. We deeply appreciate all of you for your support of breweries like ours during this time, and we want to thank you especially for your patience and flexibility as we all figure out this “new normal.”
We’re thrilled to have you back at The Taproom to enjoy a beer, but if you do not feel ready, we completely support you, and will welcome you back in due time. If you are uncomfortable with the regulations we have in place, we encourage you to continue to enjoy our beer and cider at home, and of course our To-Go Store will remain open.