Reuben’s Brews is looking for a craft beer advocate to serve our customers tasty brews. The applicant who joins our team will have an insatiable enthusiasm for and knowledge of craft beer, be highly creative, a leader and team player, a genuine people person and have a conscientious work ethic. They will be obsessively committed to the success of Reuben’s Brews. When working in the taproom, you will own the customer experience – from opening, serving, to closing. We’ll expect the highest quality and consistency in everything you do. That’s the easy piece. As one of Reuben’s team, you will be the face of Reuben’s Brews at all times. In the tasting room you will educate our customers on the distinctiveness, quality, and sustainability of Reuben’s Brews while serving beer, doing brewery tours, and making table touches. As we enter this growth phase in the brewery we expect everyone who works here to be able to embrace change and grow with us.
Reuben’s Brews is a fast growing, family-owned brewery located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Since opening in 2012, our beer has won over 200 medals including Gold medals at three of the last four Great American Beer Festivals. We have a 15 BBL brewery and taproom, as well as a 5 BBL small batch brewery, an expanding sour and barrel program, and have just begun brewing at our new 30BBL production brewery.
– 2 years of either 1.) Providing top quality customer service in a craft beer setting 2.) Award winning home brewing experience. 3.) Other practical experience in a brewery, e.g. cellar work, or sales
– Proven vast knowledge of beer styles, and brewing methods, e.g. Certified Cicerone Beer Server or higher.
– Reliable, proactive, self-directed personality with a proven history of going the extra mile.
– The ability to taste and assess beer for quality to ensure that standards are met.
– Ability to lift 55 pounds, regularly lift a full keg up onto another, twist / turn, reach over shoulders, bend / stoop and stand / walk on a continual basis.
– Infectiously enthusiastic and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must.
– “We” mentality versus “I” mentality – team player who considers that any success an individual is due to the collective strength of the team.
– Understand and embrace Reuben’s beers, which includes developing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of the differences, and similarities, between our brews, our methods, and Reuben’s as a whole and those of other craft brewers and mass-market beer producers
– Live the mantra “Bloody Good Beer!” – good isn’t good enough, our beer needs to improve every day – continual improvement needs to be engrained in our culture
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We therefore offer competitive salary and benefits, career development opportunities and the chance to help us craft a wonderful future. Cheers!
To apply, email email@example.com three things:
1) An explanation of why you’d be the perfect fit for Reuben’s
2) Tell us 3 things that we do well, and something that you think that we can improve on.
3) Your resume.
Applications without these three requirements will not be reviewed. No phone calls or in-person drop-ins, please.