Packaging Operator / Cellar Person
Reuben’s Brews is a fast growing, family-owned brewery located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, WA. Since opening in 2012, our beer has won over 200 medals including Gold medals at three of the last four Great American Beer Festivals. We have a 15 BBL brewery and taproom, as well as a 5 BBL small batch brewery, an expanding sour and barrel program, and are about to begin brewing at our new 30BBL production brewery.
Our team is the heart of Reuben’s Brews. We therefore offer competitive salary and benefits, career development opportunities and the chance to help us craft a wonderful future.
The role will assist in operating all aspects of the packaging line, including filling and dry-end operations, along with racking and cellar operations. Training will be provided for all aspects of the position. A basic understanding of beer and the brewing process is desired.
As we enter our next phase of growth at Reuben’s, we’re looking for a person with a brilliant attitude and a thirst for great beer. Our team is what drives us forward with each and every team member being critical to our success. This position is no exception to that and plays a vital role in helping us achieve our planned growth.
· Duties include operating filling equipment, carrying out quality checks, running the dry end of the packaging line, prepping tanks for packaging, kegging, and keg cleaning
· Cellar duties may be required such as cleaning or sanitizing fermenters, transferring beer, monitoring fermentation, dry hopping, and yeast handling
· Ensures quality standards are met along every step
· Maintain high level of cleanliness throughout the brewery
· Accurately record data
· Perform similar tasks throughout the brewery as assigned
· Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills to fix equipment on the fly
· Ability to lift 60 lbs and move up to 160 pounds, twist / turn, reach over shoulders, climb ladders, bend / stoop and stand / walk on a continual basis
· A team player who considers that any individual success is due to the collective strength of the team
· An openness to new procedures and innovations, helping drive us towards constant improvement
· An in-depth passion for the science and art of beer
· Infectiously enthusiastic, positive, and can-do attitude – a thirst to learn, to teach others, and an obsessive commitment to our brewery’s success is an absolute must
· A “till the job is done” work ethic – flexibility to work non-standard hours when the need arises
· Impeccable judgment, professional maturity, and integrity. An ability to be focused on details, as well as the bigger picture
· Motivated, self-starter attitude with a resourceful nature
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with every aspect of our brewery team
· Ability to multi-task while in a fast-paced environment
· Flexibility in work scheduling as we grow, with first, second and weekend shifts possible.
To apply, send your resume, along with an explanation of why you want to work for Reuben’s Brews, to email@example.com. Cheers!